YIELD: About 3 Cups
Such a soothing treat for a hot summer day, this light-tasting granita is a great choice when ice cream seems too heavy. The chamomile adds a floral note that’s perfectly offset with the almond milk.
- 2 chamomile tea bags (or 2 teaspoons chamomile tea in tea strainer)
- 1 cup very hot, but not boiling, water
- ½ cup Simple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup almond milk
- In a medium bowl, steep the tea and the hot water for 5 minutes, until the water is fragrant and golden.
- Remove tea bags and let cool to room temperature. Mix with the syrup, almond extract, and almond milk.
- Place in metal baking dish, about 8 × 8 inches, on flat surface in freezer. Chill mixture until frozen solid and then scrape into granules using a fork.
- Serve in chilled dishes. Keeps for up to 3 months frozen if stored in airtight container.