YIELD: 1 Cup
This easy caramel sauce was created for topping the Caramel Chai Cheesecake but is also incredible over ice cream, especially with sprinkles.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup non dairy margarine
- ¼ cup almond or coconut milk
- 1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a 2-quart saucepan, whisk together the ingredients and warm over medium heat. Cook, stirring, just until the mixture has thickened to a creamy caramel sauce consistency, for about 5 minutes.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.