ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes
INACTIVE TIME: 6 hours
- 1½ cups raw cashews, soaked in warm water for 1 hour and drained, water discarded
- One 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or sunflower oil)
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine the cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, arrowroot, oil, vanilla powder, vanilla extract, and salt in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Refrigerate until completely chilled, about 2 hours.
- Process in your ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer’s instructions. When the ice cream reaches the consistency of a thick soft-serve, transfer to a glass or metal bowl. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the ice cream to prevent contact with air (thus reducing freezer burn), then cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Freeze the ice cream for at least 3 or 4 hours before serving. You may need to let the ice cream soften for about 5 minutes before serving.